Tinker Longsword - Sharp
Michael 'Tinker' Pearce designed a series of swords made by Hanwei in 5160 steel that emphasize authenticity, functionality and performance.
In order to satisfy the needs for sparring and cutting of western martial arts, each of the 7 styles is made in a live (sharp) and sparring (blunt) version, and each sword has outstanding handling characteristics. Carefully controlled heat treatment of 5160 steel (Tinker's blade steel of choice) using the marquenching process produces an excellent combination of toughness and flexibility at a hardness of HRC 50-52, which provides superior edge retention, anti-chill and tip retention. -bending safety features on blunts. Replacement blades are available for all swords in the series; a key feature of Tinker's design is the interchangeability of blades within each pair of swords with the exception of the Viking, allowing the user to purchase one complete sword and a spare blade to enjoy both versions. All Longswords, Bastard Swords and Early Medieval Swords feature Tinker's recessed socket nut installation system which ensures secure hilt retention, tightening and easy blade replacement using the included Allen key.
Tinker longswords (Oakeshott type XVIIIa) provide the WMA practitioner with a fast, well-balanced pair of swords that will perform superbly in skilled hands. The sharp, fractional-edged blades exhibit a fast taper cut with a diamond section to the tip, providing the necessary rigidity for the cutting stroke. A flattened odor-stop apple (Type T-1) forms a natural extension of the double handle, while the square-section guard (Type 2) provides solid safety. Handle with hardwood core covered in leather over cable, with steel connectors. Leather sheaths are included.
- 5160 marked spring steel
- Tinker approved
- Total length: approx. 119 cm
- Blade length: approx. 89 cm
- Handle length: approx. 30 cm
- Weight: approx. 1.3 kg
- Balance point: 8.90 cm from the guard
- Accordion point: approx. 55 cm
- Blade width on guard: approx. 5.40 cm
- Blade width at the top: approx. 1.90 cm
- Thickness of the blade on the guard: approx. 6.35 mm
- Blade thickness at the top: approx. 2.3 mm
- Blade material: 5160 spring steel
- HRC edge: approx. 50-53 HRC
- Handle material: leather sheath over cable, wooden core
- Product no. manufacturer: SH2394