Templar sword with a cross
This decorative one-handed Knights Templar sword has an EN45 spring steel blade with a broad point. The edges are not sharpened and the entire tip of the blade is recessed into the apple. The wooden core of the handle is elaborately bound in braided brown leather. The cross guard and octagonal apple are made of solid brass and decorated with enamelled red Templar crosses, also known as crosses pattée.
This high medieval crusader sword comes complete with a black and brown leather scabbard with a waist belt.
Note that this sword is not a combat ready weapon. It is designed as a collector's or decorative/display piece and is not suitable for combat reenactments. As well as being a collector's item, it is also perfectly suited as a prop, eg to complete your costume.
- Material: EN45 spring steel blade (high carbon steel, not stainless), brass guard and apple, wooden handle covered with leather
- Total length: approx. 97 cm
- Blade length: approx. 79 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 5 mm (cutting edges approx. 2 mm)
- Handle length: approx. 18 cm (grip about 12 cm)
- Max. blade width: approx. 4.5 cm
- Incl. genuine leather sheath with strap
- Weight without cover: approx. 1.2 kg
- Weight with cover: approx. 1.6 kg
The steel used here is not rust resistant and may show slight surface darkening in places. We recommend that you regularly maintain the blade and scabbard.