The Cold Steel Scimitar is truly an oriental gem.
Its early blade is deeply curved to facilitate a devastating slash and beautifully polished with a broad, deep point. Crafted from expertly heat treated high carbon 1065 steel, it is perfectly balanced and hand honed to a sharp edge. The large guard and top are intricately engraved. The tuberous apple has a brass inset hole for a rope, cord or belt.
The scimitar comes complete with a thick hand-stitched leather scabbard with an engraved steel throat and carrying rings.
- Blade material: 1065 high carbon hardened steel
- Total length: approx. 97.8 cm
- Blade length: approx. 81.3 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 4.8 mm
- Handle length: approx. 16.5 cm
- Weight: approx. 1239 Mr
- Incl. leather scabbard with steel fittings
- model: Cold Steel 88SYS
The scimitar is a saber with a curved blade with an edge on the convex side that was mainly used by Arabs and Turks.