Raptor Katana Unokubi-Zukuri's blade design, also called Nagamaki Naoshi, is modeled after the Nagamaki, a powerful long-handled sword popular between the 12th and 14th centuries. Known for its powerful shinogi-ji and diamond-shaped kissaki, the Unokubi-Zukuri katana provides excellent balance in a powerful cutting blade.
Designed under the auspices of cutting master James Williams, the Raptor series was created for cutting practitioners.
The blades are forged from high carbon 5160 steel and specially heat treated to achieve very high elasticity and greater tolerance to misdirected cuts than a conventional differently hardened blade. This steel construction also avoids the need for excessive thickness, allowing the blades to replicate the weight and handling characteristics of the Japanese originals. The edge geometry is configured to facilitate cutting both soft and semi-hard materials without chipping, allowing the cutter a wide variety of targets.
Each katana in the series has a unique blade style, each with its origins in Japanese swordmaking history, providing practitioners with a choice of aesthetics and handling characteristics.
- Tangs (Nakago): full length, double wedge.
- Ferrules (Habaki): brass
- Handles (Tsuka): wood core, original tomato (Same), special non-stretch suede foil (Tsuka-ito) for firm grip and resistance to wear. Decorations on the handle made of raptor feathers (Menuki).
- Guards (Tsuba): traditional blackened iron, raptor motif.
- Shackle (Fuchi/Kashira): blackened steel, raptor motif.
- Cover (Saya): wood, varnished finish without fingerprints.
- Designed by James Williams / Hanwei
- Historic blade style forged from high carbon 5160 steel
- Total length: approx. 110.5 cm
- Blade length: approx. 72.4 cm
- Handle length: approx. 33 cm
- Weight: approx. 1220
- Manufacturer's product number: SH2415
Delivery 2-7 working days
NOTE: cash on delivery is not possible
We only sell our items, swords and katanas to adults. BAMAG jdoo is not responsible for any injuries or damage caused by the use of items from our offer. The Law on Weapons says that swords fall under cold weapons in group D for which no authorization or registration is required. A cold weapon becomes a prohibited weapon when it is carried in a public place, and the manner or circumstances of its carrying indicate that it is being carried for the purpose of harassment, assault or injury. It is the customer's responsibility to comply with the law. During training, be careful and attentive to prevent injuries.