Hanwei's Kami Tanto features a hand-forged and folded K120C powder steel blade with hand-engraved "Fudo" Horimon and Bo-Hi. The folding process creates an exceptional hadas, or grain pattern, along the blade accentuated by a distinctive hamon.
The ray skin used on the tsuki is of the highest quality, and the sageo is woven from the highest quality Japanese silk. Fuchi, kashira, kojiri, koiguchi and kurigata are made of blackened bronze, with relief decoration and selective details of copper, silver and gold. Kami, or guardian warriors, are depicted on fuchi.
Habaki is a two-part construction, with the inner part made of copper and the outer part made of gilded brass.
The mouthpiece is deeply lacquered in red, with a black ring carved into the mouth.
Made by Hanwei.
- Compound blade made of high carbon steel K120C
- Top quality
- Traditional craftsmanship
- Blade material: powder steel K120C
- Total length: approx. 38.1 cm
- Blade length: approx. 24.1 cm
- Handle length: approx. 11.4 cm
- Weight: approx. 283 g
- Thickness of the blade on the guard: approx. 6.6 mm
- Model number: SH1203
NOTE: delivery 3-7 days, not sent by cash on delivery