Hanwei's Kami Katana features a hand-forged and folded K120C powder steel blade with hand-engraved "Fudo" Horimon and Bo-Hi. The folding process creates an exceptional hada, or grain pattern, along the blade and is accented with a distinctive hamon.
The ray skin used on the tsuka is of the highest quality, and the tsuka-ito and sageo are woven from the highest quality Japanese silk. Fuchi, kashira, kojiri, koiguchi and kurigata are made of blackened bronze, with relief decoration and selective details of copper, silver and gold.
The Tsuba, depicting Kami, or guardian warriors, is made of hardened blackened copper with relief decoration and selective silver and gold detailing. Habaki is a two-part construction, with the inner part made of copper and the outer part made of gilded brass.
The mouthpiece is deeply lacquered in red, with a black ring carved into the mouth.
Made by Hanwei.
- Compound blade made of high carbon steel K120C
- Differential heat treated
- Traditional production by forging and heat treatment
- Total length: approx. 104.1 cm
- Blade length: approx. 73.7 cm
- Handle length: approx. 27.3 cm
- Weight: approx. 1191
- Balance point: approx. 12.1 cm from the guard
- Blade width on the guard: approx. 3.3 cm
- Blade width at the top: approx. 2.5 cm
- Thickness of the blade on the guard: approx. 7 mm
- Blade thickness at the top: approx. 6 mm
- Sori: approx. 1.9 cm
- Model: SH1201
NOTE: delivery 3-7 days, not sent by cash on delivery