Tai Chi Sword Designed by world renowned Chinese martial arts master Sifu Adam Hsu, these Chinese flat swords (Jian) are sought after weapons in the Tai Chi community.
Functionality, weight and balance are the most important factors in Sifu Hsu's design, while Hanwei's quality and craftsmanship give the swords a graceful and pleasing appearance.
This Hsu two-handed Jian has a 91.4 cm blade
and fiberglass grip and scabbard. Weighing just under 907g, this longsword holds up nicely.
- High carbon spring steel
- ming-style shield
- Fiberglass handle
- Blade material: 1566 high carbon steel
- Total length: approx. 124.5 cm
- Blade length: approx. 91.4 cm
- Handle length: approx. 27.9 cm
- Weight: approx. 907
- Balance point: approx. 10.2 cm from the guard
- Blade width on the guard: approx. 2.7 cm
- Blade width at the top: approx. 1.7 cm
- Thickness of the blade on the guard: approx. 8 mm
- Blade thickness at the top: approx. 2 mm
- Model: Hanwei SH2278