Hanwei's practical katanas have always been at the forefront of providing economical yet functional swords to the martial arts community.
Designed for maximum cutting power in tough targets, the blade of this samurai sword is forged from high carbon 1566 steel and differentially hardened in the traditional manner, achieving an edge hardness of 60 HRC and a spine hardness of 40 HRC.
The removable handle is tightly wrapped in a traditional style with imitation leather to ensure a positive grip that will withstand years of tameshigiri practice.
- Differentially hardened
- Made for martial artists as well as collectors
- Blade material: 1566 high carbon steel
- Total length: approx. 102.9 cm
- Blade length: approx. 72.4 cm
- Handle length: approx. 27.9 cm
- Weight: approx. 1162
- Balance point: approx. 14 cm from the guard
- Blade width on the guard: approx. 3.6 cm
- Blade width at the top: approx. 2.7 cm
- Thickness of the blade on the guard: approx. 7 mm
- Blade thickness at the top: approx. 4 mm
- Sori: approx. 1.9 cm
- Hanwei SH6000LPF