Bainite is a high carbon steel structure that combines high strength with excellent flexibility and shock absorption characteristics. It has been known as an exemplary component of the Katana blade for a number of years, but its use was limited to a few top blacksmiths due to the difficulties involved in performing the precise heat treatment procedures required to produce Bainite. blade body combined with the very hard martensitic Yakiba (edge part) required for Katana blades.
Hanwei has now mastered this difficult process, using billets of L-6 tool steel (a high-strength, low-alloy, high-carbon steel) as the starting point for this katana. The blades are forged and shaped in the usual way, then carefully heat treated to achieve the required bainite and martensite structures before the final polishing.
Hunter Wakizashi (SH2472) is also available to complete your collection.
Model: Hanwei SH2471
- Traditional craftsmanship
- Blade material: L6/bainite
- Total length: approx. 104.8 cm
- Blade length: approx. 70.2 cm
- Handle length: approx. 31.1 cm
- Blade width for habaki (moto-haba): approx. 3.3 cm
- Blade width for kissaki (saki-haba): approx. 2.35 cm
- Weight: approx. 1247 Mr
- Balance point: approx. 11.4 cm from the guard
NOTE: delivery 3-7 days. No postage when paying to the account.