Functional longsword with scabbard
This is a reconstruction of a late medieval longsword, it was forged by hand. The flat, twisted guard and apple are made of heat-treated tempered cast iron. The spring steel blade is oil hardened to 48-50° Rockwell, forged to the hilt and turned with an apple. The wooden frame is covered with leather. The blade has a characteristic filler that reaches almost to the middle of the blade and offers both flexibility and light weight. The edges of this one and a half medieval sword are blunt and the tip is rounded for safety.
The sword comes with a leather-covered wooden scabbard with metal fittings.
- A sword ready for battle
- Blade material: hardened Springsteel EN45
- Rockwell hardness of the blade: 48-50° HRC
- Total length: approx. 116.5 cm
- Blade length: approx. 92 cm
- Blade width on the guard: approx. 57 mm
- Balance point: approx. 15 cm
- Including leather-covered wooden scabbard
- Weight (sword only): approx. 1700