Many of the Japanese swords offered today are interpretive copies of antiques from feudal Japan that were made for short warriors who rarely stood above five and a half feet. As beautiful and skillfully designed as these swords are, they may not be perfectly suited for the modern warrior, who has grown into a much taller and stronger version of his historical counterpart!
With this in mind, Cold Steel® created the Dragonfly series, a line of Japanese swords with thicker, wider and heavier blades. These beautiful swords have a distinctive blue-green silk sheath and black samé (rye leather) hilts, complemented by rich iron parts with a dragonfly motif. Their deeply curved and hand polished 1060 high carbon steel blades end in a long iris tip for maximum cutting potential.
- Cold Steel® model 88DK
- Dragonfly Katana
- Material: 1060 high carbon steel
- Total length: approx. 103.5 cm
- Blade length: approx. 74.3 cm
- Blade thickness: approx. 8 mm
- Lunch: approx. 29.2 cm long, rye leather with blue-green silk sheath and brass Menuki
- Weight: approx. 1117
- Incl. cover made of black lacquered wood