The Bushido Wakizashi blade is hand forged and folded from K120C powder steel, with a medium length kissaki (chu). Saya is deep lacquered with inlaid brass cherry blossoms (sakura). The tsuka uses high-quality air leather (the same). The tsuba is made of blackened and bronzed iron, with gold and silver details and a battle scene decoration. Tsuka-ito and sageo are woven from premium Japanese cotton. The fuchi and kashira are black bronze with brass details, and the kojiri, koiguchi and kurikata are polished buffalo horn. Habaki is a one-piece brass construction.
Matching Bushido Katana (Product No. SH1210) and Bushido Tanto (Product No. SH1212) are also available to complete your collection.
- Hanwei SH1211
- Hand forged and folded steel blade
- High quality
- Traditional construction
- Blade material: powder steel K120C
- Total length: approx. 63.5 cm
- Blade length: approx. 47 cm
- Handle length: approx. 14 cm
- Weight: approx. 737
- Balance point: approx. 10.2 cm from the guard
- Blade width on guard: approx. 2.7 cm
- Blade width at the top: approx. 1.9 cm
- Thickness of the blade on the guard: approx. 6 mm
- Blade thickness at the top: approx. 5 mm
Bushido, or "Way of the Warrior", defines the code of conduct that an honorable samurai must follow, and the Hanwei Bushido Wakizashi is designed to perpetuate this tradition.